Busy! Busy! Busy!

Leave a Comment
Sorry I haven't been able to update too regularly but I've just been so busy with uni stuff and other things. 
Freebie Fair
I went to a Freebie Fair on Tuesday for new and returning students with one of my friends and the queue for the entrance was huge :O Anyway we manged to get in fairly quickly and grab free food such as slices of pizza, cookies and sweets! There was also the huge amount of wristbands and pencils they were giving away. Me and my friend also got a picture taken together at the photo booth area. We were also given leaflets which contained student discounts on them (yaaay!) and posters to hang up on our wall! My favourite things which we received was definitely the Manfrotto tripod connector and case, which was kind of cool but I have to purchase the tripod and the LED lighting to actually make use of this product which I may look into. My other favourite freebie was the bag of stuff which costcutter were giving away. Costcutter is both a supermarket and convenience store and people were queuing for this awesome freebie (which I call the bag of happiness!) This catered for every student's needs as it contained treats such as mini oreos, alpen cereals sachets, chocolate, red bull, mikado, cookies, pringles, a pot of rice and they even cared about dental health by supplying us with a toothbrush and toothpaste haha! (not all junk food)
Headphone Disco!
That same Tuesday night I went to a headphone disco at a nightclub, I was tired after the busy day I had but I was kind of looking forward to this as it was certainly a new experience. The nightclub gave you headphones for a £5 deposit and you could switch between 2 different channels which was being broadcasted by 2 different djs! As soon as I walked in I found it hilarious that people were singing to no music, just in a silent room with huge headphones on! But when I put the earphones on it felt like I was actually in a nightclub listening to the same music as everyone else. The headphone music selection was a choice of indie, rock, motown & 60s music and the other channel played pop, RnB and dance music. This was certainly a lot of fun and exceeded my expectations. 
Activities Fair
Thursday was the day I officially enrolled as a student and I got my student card, but I manged to produce the most derptastic photo for my card! So yes I have to keep that until 2016! Great -_- Afterwards I went to the activities fair which involved getting more sweets and signing up to societies. Now my friend she probably signed up to every society going haha! As my plan is to get out of my comfort zone and to try new things I thought this would be a great opportunity. I didn't sign up to too many as some didn't really interest me, however I signed up to the tea drinking society, the hobby society, raise and give and I plan on joining the attractions and entertainment society, volunteering and the circus society :D

Student Lock-in
Thursday night I went to a student lock-in a Meadowhall! I was looking forward to this event all week! Discounts, food and FREEBIES! We started by indulging ourselves in three course meal at Frankie and Bennys. It was so nice but I was so full and I got bored of sitting down for a while. Afterwards we went all around Meadowhall to shop! I bought some lovely jumpers & nail varnish from Topshop, a new make up bag from Claires and some marker pens from Blott! We didn't get much time to shop but we still had a laugh!


I also went back to taking driving lessons on Friday, I hadn't driven in probably almost a year and it felt like I was a beginner again but my instructor has hope in me! I also went to Leeds on Saturday so I may do a shopping haul on that. I got up to a lot of things this week and this post is getting too long so I'll stop here!
Thanks for reading and your lovely comments ^_^ xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig