Things I am thankful for

1 comment
I honestly feel blessed for the friends that I have right now as every single one of them has made a huge impact on my life.
A few days ago I was in quite an emotional state and I felt alone but today I re-evaluated this and realised I am not alone at all, in fact I am truly blessed. I was thinking of all the ways I had interacted with the ones I care about today:
whether they got me out the house to go out and do something that night, 
couldn't wait to see me and be reunited once again after being abroad, 
helped me become aware that I wasn't stupid and shouldn't doubt myself and that sticking through uni would be worth it in the end and it can be something to fall back on if something else comes along, that I can actually be a change in someone else's life and also that they were proud of me and happy to have me as the way I am.

One tip if you suffer from anxiety: If there is someone who makes you particularly more anxious whether it be a 'friend', boyfriend/girlfriend, who ever when you around them, you don't need them in your life. Surround yourself with positive, energetic and understanding people who want to be there for you. Avoid negative influences because they WILL bring you down. Negative influences are contagious and you will catch that negativity from them, people who are optimistic will give you the support you need because they want to see you happy! This has happened to me in different points of my life and as soon as I woke up and noticed that person made me feel crap about myself, I ditched them! Making more room for good friends to enter my life! 

What people have taught me:
My Mum taught me if you don't like something, then change it. Don't sit and complain about it! Which I have definitely taken on board! 
She also taught me that you can say 'NO' when responsibilities and obligations become too much. I know my blog is called say 'yes' but you don't always have to be the yes man, you're health is much more important! So if you really don't fancy going on that night out, then don't go if you feel like you will be unhappy the whole night.

So in general I am thankful for a lot of people in my life, who I learn from everyday.

This post was a little sketchy as I wrote it a few weeks ago but I just wanted to get these points down. 

Thanks for reading! x
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. Leah! I've nominated you for the liebster award! For more info check out my blog :)
    -MJ
    marleeandyou.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig